Is your social media lagging a bit? Are you feeling like you can’t get any traction and maybe there is no return on investment or time for you? Before you give up, check my list of thirty ways you can jump start your social media and stick with it for at least 30 days. Then at the end of 30 days, let me know if you see an increase in your results! I am guessing if you do ALL of this and you do it consistently for thirty days you might be jumping up and down with excitement and motivation in your business.
- Sign up for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and About.me
- Set up a HootSuite dashboard to monitor and schedule content from one spot
- Schedule three times each day to check in and connect with people – add it to your calendar NOW
- Create lists to connect with prospects and to keep in touch with clients
- Comment on your clients posts on a daily basis
- Share positivity with people, keep the negativity in check.
- Accept friend requests that make sense, follow and circle people back daily
- Share your blog on all social networks, multiple times – that means you need to blog, ideally three times a week
- Respond to comments people leave on your social networks on blog – when you ignore comments it makes others feel like they don’t matter
- Reply to messages people send you on Social Media, treat these like an extension of your inbox
- Make sure your profile info is complete – especially the contact info
- Use a great picture of you, not your dog or your logo
- Share content that is useful to others at least three times a day
- Create video messages at least once a week and share them every day at different times on different networks
- Take an active interest in other people and be authentic about it. Connect with one new person each day
- Show up daily – if marketing your business matters, act like it
- Set up a Facebook Page for your business and post content at least twice a day
- Use Facebook Ads to get more visibility for your page and business – start by spending a dollar a day and see what happens
- Use Facebook as your page and like three other business pages each day that compliment what you do and then comment on them
- Create a custom Twitter background
- Create a custom YouTube background
- Fill out all the info on your YouTube account, most people leave this out
- Create a Pinterest board with all your YouTube videos and another one with all your blog posts
- Change up your Facebook Cover image every three weeks, make it look professionally branded
- Use your website URL anywhere you can to let people know how to connect with your business
- Set up a professional email address, “email@example.com” is so 1980’s
- Put your Twitter handle on your business card
- Add Social Plug ins to your website
- Don’t try and sell your stuff all the time, it only alienates people
- Keep your tweets on Twitter, don’t broadcast them to other networks as people do not have context of Twitter conversation. Tweet at least twenty times a day, this can be a combination of tweets, re-tweets, and replies. It takes five minutes to tweet ten times so bonus points go to those who do thirty tweets a day.
Please let me know if you will participate!
Founder and CEO of the Lisa Larter Group, master strategist, author, speaker, podcast host, social media expert, consultant, and business coach. Lisa inspires entrepreneurs and business owners to see the possibilities for their organizations when it comes to strategy. She uncomplicates modern marketing and creates (and implements) strategies for businesses that are guaranteed to increase visibility, inbound leads, and revenue.