Reading is critical to your success and development as a human being and in your business. To put it simply: leaders are readers.
Learning doesn’t stop when you get that diploma or settle into a job. Your development matters, and that’s why I’m a huge advocate for self-education and ongoing learning.
My question to you is: are you a reader?
Reading Matters, Here’s Why:
It doesn’t matter if you’re an entrepreneur, stay-at-home mom or young professional – reading content to better yourself and your business will benefit you because:
- The most important investment you can make is your knowledge bank – you are constantly expanding your capacity, staying current with changes in the world and learning best practices for your life, leadership and business.
- The more you read, the more you know – reading a variety of content, not just blogs or opinion pieces – but books – will broaden your perspective, change how you think and interact with the world around you.
- The more you know, the better you do – What you input, you’ll output. Reading will enhance the way you perform, change your behaviour, decisions, speaking capabilities, and expand your knowledge on new topics.
Reading isn’t just a good idea, it’s critical.
Leaders are ReadersIt takes intentionality to become a leader. Not every reader is a leader, but all leaders are most certainly readers. Click To Tweet
The Thought Readers book club was birthed from this very idea. I craved knowledge and information from a very young age. Being intentional with self-education has played a big role in my success as an entrepreneur and personal betterment – and I want the same for you.
I want to see your potential come to fruition.
I want your life to be transformed too.
Leaders are not passive. If you took just one principle from the next book you read and applied it to your life and/or business – imagine the transformation you could create over time!Be active and intentional in the pursuit of investing in your knowledge bank. Click To Tweet
Practical Tips to Set Yourself Up For Success
Thought Readers are not passive. Here are a few ways to get the most out of that book you’re currently reading:
- Keep your tools to record your thoughts and “aha” moments nearby: pen, pencil, sticky notes, notebook – you don’t want to forget these “rich nuggets”
- Write inside the book: consider this your personal mastermind with the author. The ideas that come to you in that moment of time are important.
- Have accountability to stay on track: whether that’s joining a book club or finding a partner to read it with.
Did you know that I had the chance to be interviewed on Lauren Parson’s ThriveTv show?
There, we discussed why Leaders are Readers in even more detail. Here are just some more rich nuggets you’ll receive:
- How reading can contribute to, gain clarity and accelerate your goals
- More tips on how to become a Thought Reader – intentional and strategic about what you read
- The book that changed the entire direction my life was heading
- What I’m reading right now and why I believe it is so important
Check out the full interview here:
Founder and CEO of the Lisa Larter Group, master strategist, author, speaker, podcast host, social media expert, consultant, and business coach. Lisa inspires entrepreneurs and business owners to see the possibilities for their organizations when it comes to strategy. She uncomplicates modern marketing and creates (and implements) strategies for businesses that are guaranteed to increase visibility, inbound leads, and revenue.