Advertising online can be complicated, messy and expensive if you don’t have a clear social media ad strategy to guide you.
No one likes to invest money into ads without a clear understanding of the return they expect to get back. That’s why I choose to employ a simple social media ad strategy. Here, you’ll read how to stay top of mind and in front of buyers, customers and those who know, like and trust you.
This strategy is simple, and it’s effective, and it will help you leverage your valuable resources.
You can double down on your visibility and stay top of mind if you do these three things:
- Create new and valuable content every week.
- Turn that content into an ad on social media.
- Target a warm audience to stay top of mind.
Create New Content
Your website needs new content every week. Especially if you want to feed the search engines, solve your customers’ problems and generate more inbound leads. Now, you can create this new content by:
- Writing a blog.
- Sharing a video.
- Creating a podcast.
Choose a format that allows you to express yourself easily, and commit to creating weekly.
True professionals stick to a content creation schedule and they don’t miss a week – ever. Even if they have to refresh or repurpose a piece of previously used content. True professionals know that their body of work and commitment to creating is what will help them stand out from the pack.
Creating weekly is hard work – that’s why so many people fail to do it.
When you create your new weekly blog content, there are two things here to remember:
- Use SEO keywords to help people find your content
- Create a social media shared link image that is a good depiction of your brand. (Click the share button on this blog, and you’ll see the image I’m referring to.)
Turn New Content Into a Social Media Ad
You want to ensure that when you share your content on social media, it is compelling enough for people to want to view more of it.
After your blog goes live, write some lead-in copy to use when sharing online. When effective copy is paired with an informative shared link image, you will generate more clicks on your social media ad.
Be sure to follow the 20% text rules for advertising on Facebook so that your ads get approved and will receive maximum visibility in the news feed. Read the FAQ if you’re unsure what that is.
Target Your Audience
Here is where the strategy comes into play.
People who know, like and trust you – and those who have already done business with you – are most likely to engage with you and do business with you again if you did a great job serving them. These people are also your best promoters and are more likely to share your content. There is a ripple effect when they engage, and this is more beneficial than targeting cold leads.People who know, like and trust you - and those who have already done #business with you - are most likely to engage with you and do business with you again if you did a great job serving them. Click To Tweet
For this reason, you’ll want to set up two distinct audiences to target your social media ads:
- The first audience is an audience you create after adding the Facebook Pixel and or the LinkedIn insight tag to your website. This will allow you to re-market to anyone who has been on your website within the last 180 days or so.
- The second audience you’ll want to add is your specific mailing and buyers list. These are clients and subscribers who have given you their email addresses by signing up for your newsletter or doing business with you. You can upload these lists to Ads Manager within Facebook and LinkedIn. The system will cross-reference all email addresses with user accounts and match as many as possible for you.
By targeting these two audiences, you can easily stay top of mind for anyone who has visited your website and is on your mailing list.
How are you going to change the way you target your social media ads after reading today’s blog? Let me know in a comment below.
1 thought on “A Simple Social Media Ad Strategy ”
This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for providing such a valuable information. for any kind of Social Media Marketing Services visit my website.