Start Early for Success
Are you an author who wants to have a successful book? If so, you need to start your book marketing early. In this episode of She Talks Business, Alan Weiss and I discuss the importance of early planning and marketing for a successful book launch.
The Timeliness of Marketing
Many authors leave marketing their book until the last minute. Book reading and sales are on the rise, which makes early planning crucial for success. Starting early allows you as an author to build momentum and leverage the growing interest in books.
Building a Marketing Plan
Creating a strategic marketing plan involves several key steps. You must pay attention to book cover design, ensuring it resonates with the target audience. Additionally, creating a compelling landing page with bonuses and incentives encourages your readers to pre-purchase the book. Organizing events, such as Fireside chats and summits, will engage your audience and increase book visibility.
Time and Effort Investment
There is a parallel between marketing a book and successful business marketing. Many people only focus on marketing when they need business, instead of approaching it as a long-term endeavor. You must understand that book promotion requires proactive planning and execution, just like marketing a business.
Expanding Your Presence
Traditional book tours are no longer the primary means of marketing. Marketing through online platforms and social media has gained prominence. You should prioritize obtaining verified reviews, as they hold more weight than testimonials. Maintaining authenticity and originality in promotion helps complement your unique voice.
Mastering marketing for your book requires early planning, consistent effort, and proactive execution. These lessons can be applied to business marketing as well. I encourage you to start early, create a solid marketing plan, and invest time and effort into your book or business endeavors. Remember, success comes to those who embrace the long game and approach marketing strategically.
If you’re eager to learn more, check out my book, Masterful Marketing, co-written with Alan Weiss.
What’s in This Episode
- Importance of starting marketing well in advance.
- Parallel between marketing a book and marketing a business.
- Importance of applying the same effort and talent to promote a book as to create it.
What To Do Next
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Alan Weiss
- You can connect with Alan on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or his website. And, don’t forget to check him out on Twitter!
Next, in episode 121 I’m sitting down with Alan Weiss again to discuss selling your value.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Masterful Marketing by Lisa Larter and Alan Weiss