The path of self-education through reading
This week, in episode 94, I am joined by Michael Devers, a multi-passionate entrepreneur who advises leaders, executives, and business owners on how to prepare to navigate through any crisis expertly.
Among his many talents and areas of expertise, Michael has successfully executed strategies to reduce customer concentration from 90% to below 30%, and developed compliance programs, IT infrastructure programs, EH&S programs, and more.
Much like myself, Michael has been an avid reader since he was 3 years old. In this conversation, he shares how as he progressed through life, he realized the true value books could offer.
Press play to hear him speak about the top books that have made a difference throughout his life. Are you ready to follow us down the path of self-education and grow your success as a business owner and entrepreneur?
What’s in This Episode
- The impact reading can have on your professional life
- The business side of the music industry
- Resetting your perspective
- Finding time to read vs. making time to read
- The power of books
What To Do Next
- Join Thought Readers, my business book club, and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Michael Devers
Next week for episode 95, Lisa shares four books to help you conquer going from an entrepreneur to a leader.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- All You Need to Know About the Music Business – Donald Passman
- Ego Is the Enemy – Ryan Holiday
- Discipline is Destiny – Ryan Holiday
- Gold Ahead: The Book of Cures for Lean Purses – George S. Clason
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Founders: Elon Musk, Peter Thiel and the Company that Made the Modern Internet by Jimmy Soni