Books that will help oxygenate your thinking and transform the way you do business
Reading has the power to shape lives in profound ways, and this week’s guest is no stranger to the power of reading. Eleanor Beaton is the founder of Safi Media, a business coaching and advisory firm for women entrepreneurs, where her team provides business coaching.
In episode 96, Eleanor and I discuss the transformative impact that reading can have on your life, both professionally and personally. Whether you’re seeking to sharpen your insights, broaden your perspective, create efficiencies in your business, or overcome your fears, reading has the power to help you achieve your goals.
Over the last several episodes, I have shared my favorite books for personal and professional growth. In this episode, Eleanor shares the three books that helped her find her power as a woman in business.
After we recorded this podcast, Eleanor invited me to participate in a live roundtable conversation on the topic of Women, Power & Profit with her, Melissa Houston and Jackie Porter to discuss the key blocks that hold women back from financial success. You’ll want to listen to my conversation with these power house women as well. You’ll find it here.
If you want to take your life and business to the next level, let’s get started!
What’s in This Episode
- Three things women entrepreneurs do that hold them back
- Having the right conversations
- Reading habits
- How reading can influence your professional life
- Creating greater efficiencies in your business
- Effective boundary setting
- The gender wage gap
What To Do Next
- Join Thought Readers, my business book club, and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Eleanor Beaton
Next week for episode 97, I share why I think Reece Witherspoon is one of the best entrepreneurs of our time.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- You2 : A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps by Price Pritchett Ph.D.
- Quantum Leap by Price Pritchett Ph.D.
- The Business of Expertise by David C. Baker
- The Fifth Discipline by Peter Senge
- Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch
- Career and Family: Women’s Century-Long Journey toward Equity by Claudia Goldin