You have a voyeur and it’s someone you do not even know yet.
They heard about you at a networking event and they have decided to check you out. They want to know what you look like and hope to find out a bit more about your character.
So, they go to Facebook and they type your name into the search bar and they start to investigate the brand of you.
Do you know what they are looking at?
1. Your profile picture
2. Your company/business (hopefully this takes them to your Facebook Page)
3. The information you have shared as public, or what they can see through friends of friends
4. Who your friends are and how many you have
5. All the photos you have uploaded as public
6. Your work history
7. The books you read
8. How active you seem to be on Facebook and the content you share
This person is your next potential client. They are evaluating you before they have even met you but you don’t have to feel helpless. YOU have control over what they take away from their research of you.
There is a new kind of brand in town and it’s not the one you think it is. It’s the brand called YOU.
You are the CEO of “Me ,Inc.” and your most important job is to be the marketer of this new brand called YOU.
Do you like what people are seeing and saying about you? What would you change if you could?
2 thoughts on “The Brand Called You on Facebook”
You always “wow” me by how much you say in just a few words!!! And, of course, how useful and relevant it always is. Thank you for this great post.
Thank you Sylvie!