Expand Your Business Without Investing a Cent
What if I told you there’s a single strategy that can affect your business’s success like never before? In this episode, we discuss referrals and the role that they have in impacting your business. I am joined once again by Alan Weiss, the co-author of my book, Masterful Marketing and together, we explore the benefits of referrals and the barriers that might be impeding your business and your own potential.
The Platinum Standard:
When it comes to recommendations and endorsements, there is nothing that compares to referrals. They come from individuals who know, like, and trust you. These personal connections are invaluable and will create win-win-win situations for you, the person being referred, and the referrer.
Social Proof for Your Brand:
Referrals become even more impactful when you have them backed by a strong brand presence. Your testimonials and referrals are your social proof of your brand’s credibility. When people see reputable testimonials and referrals associated with your brand, trust and reputation will grow.
Break the Barriers:
Asking for referrals can sometimes be intimidating, as it requires stepping out of your comfort zone. Referrals are so beneficial to your business that you shouldn’t let the fear of rejection hold you back from seeking them. Embrace the challenge, address your concerns, and be open to feedback when seeking referrals.
Ready to assemble your referral strategy?
Here are the steps you can take to make it happen:
- Build genuine connections: Cultivate relationships with clients and partners who will naturally become advocates for your business.
- Be proactive: Stay alert for referral opportunities and express gratitude for the support you receive.
- Show appreciation: Thank those who provide referrals, making them feel valued and respected.
- Follow up promptly: Act swiftly to engage with the referred individuals, exploring collaboration possibilities.
- Keep referrers informed: Update them on progress, reinforcing the trust they placed in recommending you.
- Reciprocate genuinely: Strengthen bonds by recommending their services/products when the opportunity arises.
Referrals are the platinum standard in the business world. They have the power to expand your network, strengthen your brand, and drive business growth. When you build a powerful brand, overcome your fear of rejection, and take proactive steps to seek referrals, you will see the potential of this marketing strategy.
If you’re looking for more techniques on building genuine connections, asking for referrals with confidence, and overcoming the fear of rejection, be sure to check out Masterful Marketing where you’ll learn all that and more!
What’s in This Episode
- Referrals as a free business strategy
- The mindset behind asking for a referral
- Having the attitude to get through economic uncertainty
- The importance of online testimonials
- Closing the loop after a referral
- The “win-win-win” behind a referral
What To Do Next
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Alan Weiss
- You can connect with Alan on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or his website. And, don’t forget to check him out on Twitter!
Next week for episode 116, Alan Weiss returns as we continue to discuss some of our favourite topics from Masterful Marketing.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Masterful Marketing by Lisa Larter and Alan Weiss