Giving yourself permission to prioritize your well-being and success
This week we continued our thought-provoking and informative discussions around books. I had the pleasure of talking with Allyson Byrd, who is a long-time friend and colleague of mine, and an all-around unapologetic and fascinating individual. She shares her unique perspective on how reading can maximize its impact in your life and magnify your intentions.
In this conversation, Allyson spoke about the importance of self-care but also highlighted what happens when you stop focusing on it. We often get caught up in our daily routine and forget to care for ourselves. Allyson believes that self-care is crucial to create success for yourself, and it starts with permitting yourself to prioritize your well-being.
Allyson shares some pretty interesting information as the topic moves to the new world of plant medicine, where Allyson shares her practice of microdosing on psilocybin while reading, and why she does this.
And in true Allyson style, none of her books are conventional, and one hasn’t even been released yet, but she managed to snag an advanced copy, and I won’t lie, I am jealous of this one.
If you are ready to be reminded of the power of books and how they can shape your perspectives and open your mind to new possibilities, then you don’t want to miss this episode.
What’s in This Episode
- Why Allyson Byrd Reads
- What happens when you stop focusing on self-care
- Creating success for yourself
- Working less and living more
- The power of psilocybin
- The fight against fear
- Practicality to our imagination
- Not hiding behind worry
Where to Find Allyson Byrd
You can connect with Allyson on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter. And, don’t forget to check out her website.
What To Do Next
- Want to read more books? Join Thought Readers, my book club for business owners. It’s free to join in 2023, don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn with like-minded peers
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business. Click here to join.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Next week, episode 102 is a special episode of an exclusive conversation with Mark Schaefer about his book, Belonging to the Brand.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Hinds’ Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard
- The Body Is Not An Apology by Sonia Renee Taylor
- 10x Is Easier Than 2x by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- The Warmth of Other Sons by Isabel Wilkerson
- Ask And It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks