Trends Versus the Tried and True
Every time you sign onto social media, there is some sort of new trend to chase. But, before you dive into the next trend, ask yourself, “Is this really something that will benefit me and my brand?” How do you discern what marketing trends will be a waste of time and what tried and true practices will serve you well in the long run?
In this episode, Alan Weiss joins me as we prepare for the launch of Masterful Marketing. We’re talking all about where you should spend your time, marketing best practices, and the habits that are more effective than any passing trend.
You have a set amount of time and resources that you have available for marketing—don’t waste it on trends that won’t benefit your business.
What’s in This Episode
- The irony of marketing
- Your marketing and your behaviour
- The importance of consistency
- Cognitive dissonance
- Creating valuable content
- Building your brand
What To Do Next
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business.
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Alan Weiss
- You can connect with Alan on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or his website. And, don’t forget to check him out on Twitter!
Next week, in episode 72, Alan Weiss and I are talking all about the role of reviews and recommendations. Customers buy from people they know, like, and trust—and the same is true when it comes to researching before making a purchasing decision.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Million Dollar Maverick by Alan Weiss
- Fascinate by Sally Hogshead