Turning What You Know Into a Best-Seller
In this episode of She Talks Business, Rob Fitzpatrick joins us to discuss his best-seller, Write Useful Books.
Have you always wanted to write a book, but had no idea what you would even write about? This is a common experience for entrepreneurs and business owners, and it was Rob’s experience too.
What he realized was that the best things he could write about were the things he knew how to do best, and the skills he was learning from scratch.
In episode 67, learn how a “how-to book” on sales changed the path of Rob’s career and brought him to write his very first book.
Rob now has $600k in royalties and so much rich insight—you don’t want to miss this episode. Let’s dive in!
What’s in This Episode
- Tips for taking negative feedback
- Writing for reader empathy
- The recommendation loop
- Beta reader communities
- Habits of people who write good books
What To Do Next
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business.
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Rob Fitzpatrick
Next week, in episode 68, we are joined by the world’s leading expert in customer onboarding, Donna Weber! Tune is as she discusses all the great information in her book, Onboarding Matters.