Finding The Balance of Spontaneity and structure
In this Summer of Reading episode, hear from Tanya Dalton about her book, On Purpose.
Have you ever found yourself stuck when trying to imagine what you want the future to be? Maybe you couldn’t quite see beyond where you currently were. What did you do about it? This was the thought that led Tanya to write this book.
In this special hour-long episode, Tanya and I discuss the myth that the only way to reach goals is by packing your days full of the steps needed to take to get to the finish line. We also dive into feeling empowered to break the rules, especially as a woman, and we talk about what it means to truly live life on purpose.
Grab your headphones, get out your task list, and let’s learn about the power of balancing flexibility with commitment!
What’s in This Episode
- Mapping your thoughts
- Your backpack of ideas and how to unpack it
- Finding the courage to say no
- Time blocking that works
- How she wrote her book
What To Do Next
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business.
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Tanya Dalton
Next week, for episode 67, I am joined by the author of Write Useful Books, Rob Fitzpatrick. Tune in as we discuss all of the great information in his book and even spark some great book ideas!
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- On Purpose – Tanya Dalton