How To Get A “Yes” Without Meeting A Criteria
I want you to pause for a moment and think back to when you were younger and ask yourself two questions. 1) What did you want to be when you grew up, and 2) Why did you choose that? There is a mindset most of us have that directs us to what we “can” and “can’t” do based on our circumstances. My guest this week, Jereshia, has done what some people would consider “impossible.” As a woman of colour, she broke barriers by becoming a pipeline engineer and transitioned to owning a multi-seven-figure business!
Have you ever considered accepting or applying for an opportunity only to stop yourself because you felt you weren’t smart enough? Jereshia shares how these insecurities initially held her back, and without even having the experience or credentials to be eligible, still acquired the position! (You read that right! She did the impossible!). Listen in to find out what it was that helped her win in a situation where she didn’t think she could.
Let’s assume for a moment that you’ve accomplished everything you set out to do. What comes next? Do you feel fulfilled or do you find yourself wondering if there’s something more waiting for you? Achieving success does not mean that you can’t achieve more. Jereshia will be the first to tell you that after becoming a well-respected engineer she knew that she wanted more out of life – and then she got it!
If you want more out of life too, then press pause on your day, and press play on this episode!
What’s in This Episode
- The importance of articulating your value
- Overcoming self-made mental barriers
- Listening to boomerang ideas
- Recognizing patterns
- Leaving a corporate position to try something new
- Charging what you’re worth
- Discover your calling in life and become brave enough to answer it
- Unconscious competence
What To Do Next
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business. Click here to get on the waitlist.
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Jereshia Hawk
- You can connect with Jereshia on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn ,or her website. And, don’t forget to check her out on Twitter!
Next week for episode 64, tune in to listen to Cass Bald interview ME about my journey to a 7-Figure business as we wrap up this season of Million Dollar Mindshare. You won’t want to miss it!
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- The Business of Expertise by David C. Baker
- The Road Less Stupid by Keith Cunningham
- The Ultimate Blueprint For An Insanely Successful Business by Keith Cunningham
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Warmth Of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson