Do what you’re good at and let other people do the rest.
Have you heard the phrase “Jack of all trades, master of none”? This is a very common mindset that a lot of business owners subconsciously have. You already wear a lot of hats in your company and when you add more than you should, it can actually prevent growth and longevity. That’s where my special guest this week, Mimi Dew, comes in. She and her team help entrepreneurs stay on track with their business and their goals.
One thing that I really admire about Mimi (aside from her Louis Vuitton bag) is how she and her husband built their business together. For a lot of people, assembling anything from Ikea with your spouse can add stress on your relationship. So how do you make a working relationship work on top of a marriage? Mimi and her husband have proved that this is entirely possible by recently celebrating their 30th anniversary!
Mimi is living proof that you decide your own destiny. Her journey shows that it doesn’t matter where you come from, you control where you’re going. If you are feeling “trapped” or “incapable” of greatness, then all you need to do is press play and discover for yourself what it takes to obtain it.
What’s in This Episode
- Finding success in business as a first-generation immigrant
- Acquiring the “right people” for the “right job”
- Fixed fees versus commissions
- Growing from poverty to sought-after professional
- Building a successful business as an entrepreneurial couple
- The “Money Story”
What To Do Next
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business. Click here to get on the waitlist.
- Join Thought Readers and connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs in this popular book club for business owners.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Mimi Drew
Next week for episode 63, I am joined by Jereshia Hawk. She shares how she grew her business from zero to two million in just 4 years. You will learn about what she calls the “Boomerang”, what she does with patterns and what her belief is about when education is important and when it is not when starting your business. You don’t want to miss this!