Mastering A Money Mindset
Welcome to She Talks Business, where my guest for this season, Mackenzie St. Laurent, and I discuss the beginner essentials you need in business. In this episode, you’ll learn how to develop your money mindset, refine your sales strategies, and perfect your financial planning. Tune in to explore the power of understanding your worth, reshaping your relationship with money, and mastering financial management for business success.
Defining Your Worth and Pricing Strategies
When you have your own business, you must understand the value you offer and align your pricing with your worth. Things like calculating your minimum hourly rate, justifying pricing, and gamifying your sales process will have a massive impact on your business. The art of selling, in particular, is profoundly intertwined with emotional intelligence and skill development.
Shifting Your Money Mindset
Adapting a new perspective on money is critical to making rewarding financial progress. Celebrate your wins and detach the thought of success from outcomes in financial decisions. As you develop your mindset, take some time to read books such as Rich Dad Poor Dad, The Millionaire Maker, or The Ultimate Blueprint for an Insanely Successful Business, which will help to reshape your understanding of wealth and abundance.
Financial Planning and Tax Obligations
Practical steps for managing cash flow and taxes are a cornerstone of business success. Learn how to identify your tax obligations, understand your profit margins, and fulfill your fiduciary responsibilities as a business owner.
New Year Reflections and Practices for Abundance
As you approach the end of the year, consider adopting some practices and a New Year outlook. Take inventory concepts of what you’ve invested a lot of time and money into throughout the year. One book that will profoundly impact you in creating an environment of abundance and financial prosperity is Die With Zero.
With these insights and practical tips, you have the full ability to master a money mindset and achieve abundance in both your business and life. Take advantage of the opportunity to unlock your own financial potential and reshape your relationship with wealth. Happy listening, and here’s to a prosperous 2024!
What’s in This Episode
- Importance of increasing fees to align pricing with value
- Gamifying selling and providing customer options
- Managing cash flow for business success
- Disrupting money patterns for more abundance and wealth
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki – This book discusses the difference in mindset between the rich and the poor through the author’s experiences with his own “rich dad” and “poor dad.”
- The Millionaire Maker by Loral Langemeier – This book focuses on strategies for making, managing, and multiplying money, aiming to help readers harness their financial potential.
- The Ultimate Blueprint for an Insanely Successful Business by Keith J. Cunningham – This book delves into the financial aspects of running a business, providing guidance on understanding financial statements, profit and loss, and balance sheets.
- Die With Zero by Bill Perkins – In this book, Bill Perkins challenges traditional beliefs about saving for the future by urging readers to spend money on experiences and make a positive impact when they are alive, thereby rethinking ideas about wealth and time.
What To Do Next
- Want to read more books? Join Thought Readers, my book club for business owners. It’s free to join in 2023, so don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn with like-minded peers.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Where to Find Mackenzie
Next week we’ll be continuing The Beginner Mind Essentials for Business season!