How to unlock the power of community in your business
This season has been a treasure trove of book recommendations. I hope you have enjoyed them and that you have a long list of books you want to read. As we wrap up this first season of 2023, I have a special episode to share with you.
In February, the Thought Readers community read Mark Schaefer’s latest book, Belonging to the Brand: Why Community Is the Last Great Marketing Strategy. I reached out to Mark and invited him to come and chat with our community about his book and he generously agreed.
During this conversation, he spoke about the power of community and why it should be an indispensable aspect of every business owner’s marketing approach. However, don’t let the title of the book fool you; what Mark has to say goes beyond marketing and emphasizes the importance of relationships.
If you’re ready to craft a new strategy centered around community, this episode is for you. Your community is ready to tell you what they want; all you have to do is listen.
What’s in This Episode
- Community as a marketing strategy
- How marketing interrupts your audience’s lives
- Having a solid brand
- Internal community
- Protecting your community
- The Metaverse
- How to earn their attention
- The delicate balance between leading and allowing
- Where the love of the brand comes from
Where to Find Mark Schaefer
You can connect with Mark on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
What To Do Next
- Want to read more books? Join Thought Readers, my book club for business owners. It’s free to join in 2023, don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn with like-minded peers
- Join The Strategy Lab, Lisa’s insider entrepreneurial community that is learning, tackling, and coming together to support and challenge each other on all things business. Click here to join.
- Subscribe to receive this podcast and regular weekly strategies to grow and shape your business. You’ll also be the first to know about upcoming courses, programs, and exclusive LIVE training.
- Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn and share your insights from the show.
Next week, episode 103 when we start a new season of She Talks Business.
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Belonging to the Brand by Mark Schaefer