Everywhere you look these days it seems that people have a desperate need to recreate, redesign or redefine themselves or their business.
Apple is a perfect example with the release of the iPhone 5C, the cheaper, more colourful iPhone.
Yahoo has redesigned their logo in the hopes of capturing some media and public attention.
Miley Cyrus has…well, we won’t even go there.
The point is, change gets attention and, with the right changes, you can get some really good attention for your business.
Here are 5 small changes you can make right now to SCORE big results and up your Social klout:
- Show Your Face – Unless yours is a widely known and well recognized brand, use a photo of you, not your logo as the profile image on all of your Social Networks. People like to see who they are talking to and will relate and engage better with your photo than a logo.
- Clean House – Make some simple updates to your Social profiles and make sure one of the very first things in your about or description section is a link to your website. If they have to search for ways to find out more about you, you’ve already lost them
- Offer Them Something for Nothing – Selling your stuff is important but people don’t buy from strangers. They buy from people they know, like and trust. Give them a free sample of what you have to offer and they’ll come back to buy.
- Reciprocate and Share – Reciprocity is one of the most important keys for Social Media success. <—Click to Tweet! If you share what others share, pay it forward if someone shares your business and show support for your community both on and offline, business growth is virtually guaranteed!
- Engage and Build a Relationship – Reel in your audience with questions. Rather than just throwing out some information you hope they will like, invite them to take part in a conversation by ending your post (on your blog, Facebook, etc.) with a question. Even if it’s as simple as “do you like this idea/colour/thing?”.
Now I want to ask you to do something, not for me, but for you. Go to www.klout.com and find out your Klout Score then share it in the comments below. After you’ve done that, begin to make the changes mentioned above.
Take a couple of weeks to implement these changes then come back and share your updated score with us. I can’t wait to see how much your business score grows!
Want to create an even bigger change and more results for your business? Check out The Social Club at www.LisaLarter.com/SocialClub
Founder and CEO of the Lisa Larter Group, master strategist, author, speaker, podcast host, social media expert, consultant, and business coach. Lisa inspires entrepreneurs and business owners to see the possibilities for their organizations when it comes to strategy. She uncomplicates modern marketing and creates (and implements) strategies for businesses that are guaranteed to increase visibility, inbound leads, and revenue.